Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

the old guy with the cat

I have visited Geneva 3 summers now and i must say this place is really beginning to feel familiar.  The familarity is in part because my sister lives here so this really feels like her home an partly because I live here and am starting to understand where everything is.  The other reason I believe why we begin to feel comfortable in a place is because of the familiar charachters who 'paint the city'.  


Take the dude with the mad afro I see every morning on my way to college who is straight from the 80's with his fluro orange Adidas zip jacket and an afro comb sticking right out the back of his hair.  Then there is the girl I encounter at the same intersection every day who walks a beautiful big Newfoundland.  And the homeless man with the Salvatore Ferragamo shopping bag (only in Geneva).  These are all new faces this year.


Then, there is the old guy with the cat and a music machine that he plays every day, in the morning near the train station and during the day in the Rue du Marche.  I have seen this guy every year and I am somehow very comforted by the familiar sound of his music box.  I have never seen his cat move but I can tell you that is one happy feline.  This is one of my favourite characters...










No comments:

Post a Comment